Quiet Time

So, here is why I have decided to begin this habit...


Yesterday as I was making lunch for my little Lillie, she escaped my presence. I realized that the house seemed eerily quiet and decided to investigate. We have all had those moments and you just brace yourself to find toothpaste all over the carpet or nail polish on the wall or unidentifiables in the toilet bowl. Well, this wasn't any different and I just knew she was doing something wrong. I ascended my staircase to find that her bathroom light was on and the door shut. First reaction...she's in there with lotion all over her hair and toothpaste on the wall just having the time of her life and now I have to act like I am really mad at her when all I want to do is take a picture because I know what a cute little grin I will receive upon opening the door. What I really found, however, was nothing of the like.



So, here's how this started. We have been potty training and trying to do it according to her interest and desire. She wanted to go potty when she woke up yesterday, so, of course, I take her to the toilet. She goes #1, steps down, then reveals a look of...I have to go #2. So, I convince her to get back up there and try. I reassured her that it would be fun and ran off to get some books to read. We read, and we read, and we read but nothing happens. I get her down, wash her hands and move on for the day. Apparently, she remembered how much fun it was and wanted to show her dolly the same courtesty!