A Day in the Life of Lillie Kate...


So, our darling daughter never ceases to amaze me! From the funny things she does to all the things she learns how to say! I have my nephew, Carter, here today and I just have to jot these things down because they are so Lillie...

Lillie was in time out, sitting on the bottom stair, because during snack time she thought it would be hilarious to make Carter laugh. Unfortunately her way of doing this was to dunk her cookie in milk until it was crumbling apart and then drop it on the floor. Funny, he wasn't laughing a bit, but she thought it was the funniest thing since stand up comedies. So, here she is in time out and I am trying to convince Carter to ignore her because she is in trouble. All she is saying is, "Carter John, where are you, Carter John, where are you..." I didn't even know that she knew his name was Carter John!

Next...after lunch I was shooing Ryan out the door and back to work, which was taking more time than I had to spare at the moment. After shutting the door, I realized that I had the kiddos still and full responsibility over them, so I take off looking for them. Carter is lying on the living room floor playing with the Micro Mini Machines and so I ask him where Lillie is...all the while I am calling her name, as she is being so quiet. He points me in the direction of the kitchen and I venture over to find her sitting on the loveseat in my front room. I approach her and see that she has Carter's monkey on her lap wrapped in Kaeden's blanket, so I ask, "What are you doing, Lil?" to which she replies so matter of factly, "Feeding my baby." She is sitting there, sure enough, with her shirt lifted nursing a stuffed monkey. Not only is she making me laugh so hard at this, I then realize that it isn't even one of her own babies and she has decided to take up being a surrogate mother. Oh, how I love her and how she makes me laugh sometimes!



All of this happens today after I have had a runaway down the street! Carter was so upset when Randy came to get Austin and Abbie to take them to school that he didn't get to go with his dad that he was going to do whatever it took to follow his dad. I had Lillie and Kaeden in the tub and knew that he was going to leave the house, because he know how to get the doors open and isn't afraid of getting lost! After taking the kids out of the tub as fast as I could, I ran downstairs and was frantically looking out the windows to see if I could see which way he went, I was leaving out the garage door when my neighbor came with her kids and dog to bring back my lost Carter. Sometimes you wonder how mommies with five, six, seven or more kiddos get anything done!!! Maybe I should pay more attention to them and help them!!

Despite all the fun and games here today, I am so grateful that my kids have cousins that live so close to us and that they will be able to grow up together! Lillie loves her cousins so much and would be so sad without them!