Weekends are the BEST!!!

I just love the weekends! I think you get through the whole week just to be able to spend time with those you love on the weekend. We went to St. George this weekend to watch Ryan try out his first Triathlon. Tari, Amberly, Derrick and Shana also were there and performed like studs!!! It is so much fun to get Ryan and I and the kids in the car and just be together. We normally have some sort of DVD player and this time we didn't. I was afraid Lillie would not do as well traveling without that sort of distraction. To my astonishment, she did really well. Now this is coming from the mom who once said, "My kids will never watch movies in the car!!!" Being able to all talk together was actually more fun! Lillie entertained Kaeden so well that they were both laughing hysterically at one point. She even colored for about two hours on the way home. I didn't know she had that much attention span in her!

On our way down, we drove out to Provo and then down on I15 the whole way to St. George. That was a really nice drive and we stopped at Ryans' Great Aunts' grave. We picked up lunch and packed a blanket and the kids and sat on the cemetery lawn and ate. It was such a nice way to break up the six hour drive. Coming back we went up I15 untill we hit the beginning of I70 at Cove Fort and then took Hwy 10 up to Price and Hwy 191 to Duchesne and on. That was fun to see a different way and I feel like I saw a ton of Utah. It is really amazing to me how much the scenery changes throughout Utah. We are so lucky to live in such a beautiful state. We stopped in Salina and ate lunch at Mom's Cafe'. The little cafe' is famous, supposedly. It has been featured on the cover of National Geographic magazine and there were some celebs photos complete with their John Hancocks! The ladies in there were super nice and made us feel right at home. I don't know that I have been in a restaurant where everyone is a complete stranger, yet we were all talking! The tables to the side of us and in front of and behind us. I love that hometown feel.

We also were able to spend some time with Randy, Tari, Abbie and Carter. That was fun for me because I feel like we don't get much time with them. It probably has to do with the fact that Randy and Ryan work together and get tons of time together. They even try to underscore each other on the golf course, when they get the chance. We are lucky to all live so close and be able to have our kids be close as well. We played at the lake for a while on Saturday after the tri and then went to Texas Roadhouse (?) for dinner. It was Carter's birthday dinner and the staff was so fun with him. We really had a good time there, all except for the Lemonade on Randy's lap. Guess he'll get me later, haha.